Monday 29 April 2013

Winter Is A Wanker



The Winter I find, has just one thing in mind 
To keep all my body parts shivering 
And try as I might to put up a fight 
I can’t stop the punch it’s delivering 

I turn up the heat, put warm socks on my feet 
To stop all the quivering and quaking 
Though I’m turning quite blue, it skates right on through 
Ignoring my shuddering and shaking 

I dance on the spot till my temper gets hot 
But that heat doesn’t help me one bit 
I’ll not give in though, let it rain, let it snow 
I’ll not be the first one to quit 

I’m feeling quite ill with my huge power bill 
It’s my heat pump, it’s on every day 
But my friends it’s no joke, I’d much rather be broke 
Than let Winter have its wicked way. 

I can’t wait for Summer, Winter is a bummer 
Or maybe I’m just getting old 
No, that isn’t true, even though I’ve turned blue 
I’m just really pissed off by the cold.

1 comment: