Wednesday 19 December 2012

Open Mind


Shrouded by mystery, and all things unknown
Out where free spirits and angels have flown
Sailing the fringe of surreality...
That’s where my imagination takes me

Captured by laughter or saddened by tears
Stunned by surprises or triggered by fears
Breathless with views of a creamy full moon
or by the brilliance of nature in bloom

Everything, everywhere adds to the mix
Giving to me that delectable fix
Soothing my spirit and feeding my mind
Leaving my weaknesses far, far behind

Little by little encouraging me
To understand this is how it should be
accepting things quite normal will do too
Every day things enjoyed by me and you

Within the space of an average day's range
In the familiar, where nothing is strange
Grateful am I with my functioning brain
Shows me the difference ‘twixt fancy and plain

Only one thing though about all of this
Once thinking starts it can still go amiss
Only because in a roundabout way
It has no perception of time sad to say.

Then there this problem unfortunately
Poems like these go on indefinitely
So it will be until someone has found
A way to totally close the mind down

1 comment: