Friday 7 December 2012

Words Failed Me

I had a weird experience - was very strange indeed
It’s made me wonder at the things that people think they need
It takes all sorts to make a world and that is very true
It also made me wonder why they do the things they do

I want to leave my readers in no doubt that what I write
Did really truly happen and it gave me such a fright
I was in a hotel room you see - a Poets’ Seminar
The day’s event had ended - drinks were lined up at the bar

I’d just popped in the shower, was relaxing in the flow
I wanted to be all refreshed for dinner and a show
I hesitated, then recalled I’d left my sliding doors
wide open, but thought, what the heck! below are seven floors

Well first of all I’ll start by saying I was here alone
When suddenly from my bedroom - a crash and then a groan
Well when I heard that awful moaning just outside the door
In instant fright I dropped the soap and wash cloth on the floor

Now here’s the thing - I’d left my towelling robe upon my bed
Along with all my lingerie, brand new and scarlet red
A skimpy wet wash cloth was just as useless as could be
There was no way that it could hide the private parts of me

Oh what to do? I shivered as I stood there dripping wet
Here was I stark naked in a shower cum toilet
Outside waiting for me was something only God would know
And even worse I’m going to miss my dinner and a show

Then suddenly was silence and the moaning was no more
I gathered up my courage and slowly opened the door
Quietly but nervously I peeked into the room
Twilight was just falling as I peered into the gloom

First thing that I noticed was my brand new underwear
Whirling from the ceiling fan and flying through the air
Forgetting I was in the nude I strode across the room

                      .........To Be Continued…….

1 comment:

  1. Please hurry, I'm standing here waiting with very little on...

    ReplyDelete