Wednesday 16 January 2013

Coming Down


As I lie down to sleep at night before I close my eyes
I look out of my window at the dark and distant skies
And in the silence of the night I turn my thoughts to you
And wonder if somewhere out there you’re thinking of me too

Within the confines of my mind I know my lover’s face
I “see” the colour of his eyes, by "touch" his lips I trace
I “feel” his body over me, his breath upon my skin
And through our heat, with each heart beat, I willingly give in

Time is of no essence here, the shadows are our friend 
For in the kingdom of the mind there is no start, no end
All there is are heightened senses leading to somewhere
Knowing at the journey’s end are dreams beyond compare

Sighing deep, I turn to sleep and gently close my eyes
Softly on the winds of night my lonely spirit flies
Taking me to that somewhere, with dreams beyond compare
Where in my mind, I know I’ll find, him waiting for me there

1 comment: