Sunday 20 January 2013

Summer Song

Shimmers from a thousand colours 
humming everywhere
Fragrance of a thousand flowers 
permeates the air
Lady Summer at her zenith, 
glowing high above
In my garden all around me, 
Mother Nature’s love

In the water feature 
little sparrows splash and play
Feeding on the million gnats, 
too fat to fly away
Hovering above the water, 
gauzy dragonflies
Everywhere you look 
always a beautiful surprise

Lying on my lounger 
underneath the shady oak
All around me chirps and twitters, 
buzzes, squeaks, and croaks
Summer’s sweetest symphony
my eyes begin to close 
Intoxicated by it all 
I have a pleasant doze 

This is such lovely way 
to spend an afternoon
Time does move so quickly on
and summer ends so soon
Cooler days will soon be here
these warmer days be gone
But for now time to relax
enjoying summer’s song

1 comment: