Saturday 5 January 2013

I'm On Holiday


I’m lazing around having just had a feed 
Full up with all good things I sure didn’t need 
My willpower sadly has never been strong 
I usually ignore it when it comes along 


Been giving some thoughts to this shiny new year 
Wondering what to keep and wondering what to clear 
It’s really deciding on where I should start 
With everyday issues or those of the heart 


And then if the heart is the point to begin 
Deciding the strengths of my yan and my yin 
Just how much reviewing would be good enough 
And how would I know what is left is good stuff 


Well, okay, let’s say that I put that aside 
Can’t be wasting time with the summer outside 
And speaking of summer-before it’s too late 
Let’s take a hard look at my physical state 


My friends, (lovely people) all tell me I’m fine 
Well that’s what they say but my mirror ain’t blind 
I think to be honest I’ve had a good life 
Lived straight up the middle, avoided all strife 


Ok, so the waist isn’t tiny no more 
And no 30 year old dudes come and knock on my door 
Well even if by some chance they actually did. 
What ever would I do with a 30 year old kid? 


Well never mind that better things here to do 
The out with the old and the in with the new 
Think I’m physically ok, emotionally too 
And really there’s nothing immediately to do 


So reading this back, think it could get quite deep. 
Let’s leave it for now, (yawn), I’m off for a sleep. 

1 comment: