Thursday 7 February 2013

Looking For A Change

If I could take a moment, 
just one moment in my day
and find a really quite space 
where I could hide away
I'd close out all reality, 
and open up a fantasy;
and wait to see what there might be;
that just might make me stay.

Some people come into my life 
and never ever know
how deeply I'm affected 
when it's time for them to go
They bring out all that's best in me, 
I think I've found my destiny
and when they leave, the rest of me
is shattered by the blow

I think I have a right to love, 
and be loved in return
To walk right through the fire of love 
and never feel the burn
I give myself so passionately, 
it weakens me emotionally,
then blame myself absolutely 
because I never learn.

So let me find this moment, 
in a space somewhere out there
To heal the painful memories 
from hearts that didn't care
Abandoning the human race, 
I doubt I'd ever leave that place
And never ever need to face 
another sad affair.

3 comments:

  1. Nice poem and picture above it. What's a pity that poetry isn't so easy to translate... Greetings from Poland.

    ReplyDelete