Friday 1 March 2013

A Friend Indeed


Hold my hand through those dark places
Guide me to those quiet spaces
Tell me there’s nothing there to fear
And make my worries disappear

All too soon I’ll be on my own
and take that final step alone
But in this moment treasured friend
on your great strength I so depend

I’ve never been this road before
It’s strange not knowing what’s in store
Your hand and my belief in prayer
I know will get me safely there

So holding on I close my eyes
I think of home and summer skies
of happy smiles and Christmas time
and poetry in perfect rhyme

I drift away but soon I know
It’s time for me to let you go
You've helped to take away my fear
I'm sure I’ll be okay from here

1 comment:

  1. Look at it as a new adventure,
    sure it's on the road less travelled but it's always been there for you,
    waiting, willing you to choose.
    And no matter which turning you take,
    it'll be the right one. It always is...

    ReplyDelete