Wednesday 20 March 2013

Mornings & Mokopuna

I wonder if winter will visit this year 
The days up to now have been perfect and clear 
It’s 6 in the morning another fine day 
is blessing my world in a wonderful way 

My moko is sleeping just quietly nearby 
I look out the window to the morning sky 
I think of the things that for me lie ahead 
Just thinking makes me want to go back to bed 

I’ve checked out my emails, and answered a few 
I checked out my Facebook, Got Poetry too… 
I opened a Twitter account long ago 
and keep being followed by folk I don’t know 

I really should close it, it’s never used much 
I think it’s more for famous people and such 
My book of appointments I slowly peruse 
check out my next column for the local news 

I need to get back to my novel one day 
but somehow time just keeps on slipping away 
My moko grows older, sadly so do I 
I think how did I ever without him get by.. 

The beautiful difference he’s made to my life 
He’s taken away all my stresses and strife 
I look at the clock and it’s moved on an hour 
I’d best get a move on and go have my shower 

I send morning wishes to all far and near 
Still wondering if winter will visit this year

3 comments:

  1. Morning wishes returned to you and your mokopuna. So loved this photo of your mokopuna and your words surrounding him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winter has been cancelled through lack of enthusiasm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your morning thoughts. What a blessing to have your moko by your side. Have a lovely evening : )

    ReplyDelete