Sunday 17 March 2013

It Is What It Is

Regretfully and with a sigh, 
I finally close the book
And place it gently on the shelf 
with one last painful look

The shelf itself is in my mind 
and filled with memories
A collection of emotions
– this too is one of these

I need to live the moments 
because always is too long 
The secret’s in the letting go, 
it’s reckless to hold on

The pain will surely happen 
and the hurting is intense
So take the loss and don’t look back, 
just use some common sense

Adversity will teach you much, 
and hope you may have learned
That in this thing we all call life, 
one’s hopes sometimes get burned.

2 comments:

  1. So true Wanda. 'Don't look back'....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect fit to this phase of my life. Thanks for helping me see it.

    ReplyDelete