Thursday 22 November 2012

A Walk On The Beach

I love to watch the ocean as the day turns into night
The movement of each wave's in rhythm with the changing light
A hundred different colours are reflected in each motion
As I stand upon the sand and gaze out at the ocean

Walking on the water’s edge, my shoes held in my hand
Feel the gentle undertow through softly shifting sand
A tiny crab flicked by my toe swims hurriedly away
and disappearing from my view; the final light of day

A solitary seabird rides the ocean winds up high
Slowly disappearing like a shadow in the sky
Out on the horizon sunset colours burn and glow
Adding to the richness of the ocean’s twilight show

Sighing with contentment I turn slowly to depart
Vitalized, re-energized by Mother Nature’s art
I feel so truly blessed to have the gift of sight to see
The wonders of our natural world in perfect harmony

1 comment:

  1. I know the universal beach,
    the comings and going of the tides and couldn't live without such things...

    ReplyDelete