Thursday 15 November 2012

Spirit Guides

Often in the daily stress of living life each day
I’ve called upon my spirit guides to help me on my way
Quietly their essence flows around all things I do
The wisdom of their guidance never fails to get me through

There’s something reassuring knowing they are close to hand
In knowing that no matter what I do they understand
It’s like they know exactly what I’m feeling every day
And in their quiet gentleness they help me find a way

Some I feel are dear familiars, like my Dad and Mum
Life becomes much easier that’s how I know they’ve come
Others are a part of things so very dear to me
Especially my passion and my love of poetry

Sylvia is my very lovely melancholy muse
I’ve recently discovered a connection I can use
to take advantage of her genius in terms of what
there was about her tragic life that made her lose the plot

Sometimes I’m sure Pablo Neruda’s never far from me
In fact I’m certain he’s the one who’s with me constantly
He knows I am an absolute, beyond help romantic
‘Cos in his own romantic life he was a fanatic

And then there are my ancestors, my awesome ancestry
Descended from a line of chiefs is what was told to me
How can I ever feel alone with all of them around?
Who keep my aspirations high and both feet on the ground

I love them all my spirit guides, they will forever be
The motivation and the inspiration that drives me
And when in time, my life, like everyone’s come to an end
I’d like to share, somewhere out there my Spirit with a friend

2 comments:

  1. How I long to talk about this to my dear Wanda! Still, in itself, it explains a lot to me and helps more than you can know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you understand the depth of thought behind this poem my dear friend.Thank you for accompanying me on my poetic journey.

    ReplyDelete