Sunday 11 November 2012

"Mine" Power.


Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind,
And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.(Shakespeare)


How very apt a quote is that
to fit this century
Did Shakespeare know his words
back then would cross eternity
For here am I and there you are
and in our minds we meet.
I never dreamed something like this
could ever be so sweet

There is no life for me unless
you're close within my "view "
I lose all sense of time when I
am not in touch with you
You're everything I'll ever want
I need for you to stay
To "hold" me when I go to sleep
and "wake" with me each day.

You'll never know how long I've tried
To bring you to this place
Through lonely days and longer nights
I've waited in this space
Just hoping you would recognise
the one who wants you so
Through almost every thing I do
I've tried to let you know

My heart feels so much calmer now
My fears I've put aside
he's here, the one I've waited for
He's finally replied
The future is a mystery
and who knows what we'll find
but ‘til that day we make it real
His mind is mine - all mine!







1 comment: