Saturday 10 November 2012

Corny I Know


A friend and I went to a bar to have a quiet drink
I had a juice, she had a wine - a Sauvignon I think
It was around about twelve noon, we found ourselves a seat
‘twas lunchtime so decided we would get something eat.

Twiddling with the menu not really reading it as such
When suddenly upon my shoulder came a gentle touch
My friend was smiling up at someone standing at my back
I turned and as I turned I heard my neck bone give a crack

This awful pain raced through me and I slipped on to the floor
And all I felt was agony the rest was just a blur
As if a long way off I heard my friend call out to me
But I just couldn’t answer her I couldn't even see

When I came to I’d lost my shoe, but even worse than that
A crowd of nosy people were all standing where I’d sat
I was so angry at the way these people gathered round
All curious and peering at me lying on the ground

Carefully I turned my neck first to the left then right
My dress was up around my hips, I must have looked a sight
Then floating down from heaven was this angel with green eyes
He said “I’m Doctor Everand”, and stared down at my thighs

I said “My problem is my neck, I think I turned too fast”
He gently probed around a bit, the pain had gone at last
He said “Hold still” and then he gave my neck a little twist
His face was right up close I could have given him a kiss

He must have read my thoughts because he smiled and looked away
And as he helped me to my feet against him I did sway
“I’m sorry Doc” I giggled as I straightened up my clothes
He said “No probs, you’ll be okay, this is what I propose”

“You get into my car, I’ll take you home, you need to rest
and when we get there, you will need to slip out of that dress
I looked into those emerald eyes, and took him by the hand
And as we walked he whispered “Hello Mrs Everand”.


 

2 comments:

  1. Somehow I missed this one on your blog. I'd read it before and LOVED it. ha, ha, ha. It's so fun!

    ReplyDelete